Eating Tips to Survive the Holidays
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Weight Loss at Holidays and Special Occassions and other Weight Loss topics.
What are some tips to curb my holiday eating?
The holidays can be a stressful time for those who are weight conscious. Tempting high-calorie, high-fat foods are commonplace at holiday parties. Try some of these survival tips to help you eat less during this holiday season.
- Find a friend who is also looking to lose a few pounds or maintain their weight over the holidays. Use this partner to help you stick with your healthy eating plan.
- Eat a small, healthy snack such as a bowl of cereal, soup or some fruit before your holiday get-togethers.
- Make sure to eat a large salad with one serving of dressing before most of your meals.
- Limit your alcohol intake. Enjoy one or two drinks at your party and then switch to water or diet soda.
- Get rid of all unhealthy leftovers. Give them to your children, relatives, and friends or throw them out.
- Take a healthy entrée to your holiday party. This way you'll have at least one thing you can feel good about eating.
- Don't use the holidays as an excuse to overeat. There are only a few "days" within the season that are actually celebrated. If you were only to indulge during these days, you probably wouldn't gain weight at all. It's all of the days in between that can blow it for you.
- Finally, be sure not to forget what holidays are truly about – spending time with family and friends. Find creative, family-oriented activities that don't include food.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.